Cavitch Familo & Durkin, Co., L.P.A.

Enforcement of Court Orders

<< Back to Family Law

Sometimes parties do not follow the orders of the court concerning custody, visitation, support and/or property division.  In these circumstances, it is important to take legal action to enforce orders of the court and to ensure that you receive the proper support, property, or parenting time. Our attorneys are skilled at drafting and prosecuting contempt motions with Northeastern and Northwestern Ohio counties.  We will fight to protect your rights pursuant to the court orders issued in your case. If you have contempt questions, please contact one of our family law attorneys as soon as possible to find out how they can help.

The attorneys at Cavitch that practice in family law counsel in many aspects of family law including:

Child Custody, Visitation and Shared Parenting Plans
When making a custody determination, a court will review and consider a variety of factors and make its determination based on the best interests of the child(ren). Our attorneys will fight to protect your parental rights. Read more about child custody, visitation and shared parenting plans.
Child Support
Child support is determined using a formula taking into consideration the number of children you have, the income of the parties, the parenting arrangement, medical care costs, daycare costs, who receives the tax dependency exemption(s) and various other factors. Read more about child support.
A dissolution requires cooperation and involves a separation where the parties can agree to all aspects of dissolving their marriage, i.e., property division, custody and support. This method of terminating a marriage is quicker and more cost-effective. Read more about a dissolution.
Domestic Violence
If you or a family member has been assaulted or harassed by a present or former household member, our family law attorneys will take action and protect your family. Our attorneys will be there for you at every step, as you engage in one of the most difficult times of your life. Read more about domestic violence.
Guardian ad Litem
Our attorneys are experienced at selecting and working with Guardian ad Litems to aid the parents and the court in making custodial and visitation determinations. Read more about Guardian ad Litem.
Parental Relocation
Whether you are the relocating parent or you want to dispute the relocation of the other parent, our family law attorneys are familiar with the laws surrounding parental relocation and out-of-state parenting issues. Read more about parental relocation.
Prenuptial Agreements
A prenuptial agreement is a contract between two parties in contemplation of marriage. These agreements usually address property issues in the event of a divorce, dissolution or death. Read more about prenuptial agreements.
Property Division
Ohio utilizes an equitable distribution process to ensure that all of the marital assets and debts are equitably divided between the parties. Equitable does not necessarily mean “even” but, more importantly, “fair.” In other words, when a court seeks to divide the marital estate, it will do what is fair and appropriate; often times this results in an “even” division but sometimes it does not. Read more about property division.
Spousal Support
Spousal support is left within the discretion of the particular judge assigned to your case. Read more about spousal support.